Samstag, 8. Mai 2010

Waking in the Tube

The morning shook my dream away
and waking seems so hard today.
I'm moving out of my warmened seat,
freshening my restless, tired eyes.
I'll see the day and what I'll get,
my thoughts are running yet, like mice.
I'm counting them and watch their way
into my deepest feeling's clay.

The train is running towards the dawn
and it's people's faces seem to mawn.
Doors do open, doors do shut,
the mawning come in and soon they leave.
Wondering which connection I may cut,
the scream of hunger by a crow.
Beyond the scratched windows glows some lawn,
the window's writing seems to warn.

'Don't scratch my glasses please!', it says
to me, who stands up and readies to go his ways.
The door does open and I step out
into the crowded station's blackened snow.
There is a man, can't hear him shout,
can't hear the screaming hungry crow.
Yet already I'm counting down my days
and if I'll die, so it be the case.

Ursprüngliche Veröffentlichung: 24.4.2009

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen